As the digital landscape changes, so does the landscape of content marketing. And in today’s fast-paced world, video is king in the digital space. A report from Cisco states that by 2019, 80% of global internet consumption will be video content.
So, if a picture is worth 1,000 words, how much is a video worth? These staggering statistics prove why video is being hailed as the future of content marketing.
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined (SmallBizTrends)
- Video posts have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts on Facebook (Social Bakers)
- 64% of consumers purchase after watching branded social video content (Tubular Insights)
- YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds on mobile alone than any cable network in the United States (YouTube)
- Native videos on Twitter drive 2.5x replies, 2.8x retweets, and 1.9x favorites than third party players (Twitter)
- Live video is more appealing to brand audiences: 80% would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog, and 82% prefer live video from a brand to social posts (Livestream)
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Unbounce)
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines (Brightcove)
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online (Hubspot)
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (SmallBizTrends)
- Retail website visitors who watch a video stay two minutes longer (Comscore)
Including video in email campaigns can boost click-through rates by 200-300% (Hubspot)
Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% (Syndacast)
Email subscriber dropout is reduced by 75% when video is incorporated (Eloqua)
Is video marketing worth it?
Yes. If you need more convincing, Wyzowl’s State of Video Marketing survey shows that:
- 94% of businesses see video as an effective tool
- 83% of those using video thinks it gives them a good ROI
- 81% saw an increase in sales and 53% say support calls were reduced
And video marketing doesn’t stop there! Here are other ways to push the envelope and give customers the opportunity to experience your brand through video.